Alliance Française of Dar es Salaam is a Tanzanian non-profit association operating with the support of French Embassy. It is part of an international network of more than 1000 Alliances Françaises world-wide.
The Alliance Française of Dar es Salaam have two main missions:
• Promoting French language by offering French courses for the general public, training for local teachers and giving access to a multi-media library which is also a resource center on France, French speaking world and Europe.
• Offering free cultural activities (concerts, shows, conferences, exhibitions, projections, etc.) so as to facilitate cultural exchanges between French-speaking and Tanzanian artists.
We are seeking to recruit a competent, committed self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Coordinator of courses / Mediatheque :
Under the authority of the Director of Courses, administrative supervision of the teaching team :
– Planning of courses, communication of timetables
– Distribution of teachers’ work according to the needs of the institution and human resources constraints
– Reviewing and validating teachers’ monthly salary slips
– Management of room occupancy: forecasting room requirements, supervision of room availability
– Management of the online course tracking system (HANAF): creation of courses, student entry/payments, management of changes (cancellation of courses, etc.)
Under the authority of the Course Director, management of student recruitment and pedagogical follow-up:
– Preparation of the material necessary for registration and the start of each session
– Information to the public on the course offer
– Evaluation, orientation and advice to new students
– Follow-up of registrations and payments with the reception
– Follow-up of students’ educational progress: opening/closing of classes, reorientations
– Follow-up of registrations for examinations (DELF/TEF)
Under the authority of the Director of the Alliance Française and in liaison with the receptionist: Management of the Resource Centre
– Restructuring and revitalisation of the media library
– Compliance with current library rules: weeding, reactivation and updating of the library software: inventory, creation of records, updating of the loan system
In conjunction with the director: implementation of a real acquisition policy in line with the school’s project
– Acquisition of books for learners, recent documentaries and new publications for fiction books: orders for documents on French-speaking visual arts in connection with the Alliance Française Gallery’s programme, documents on Tanzania for tourists and residents.
Under the authority of the Director of the Alliance Française and in connection with the Director of Courses: Make the media library an attractive pole.
– Training of users and teachers in Culturthèque and IF tools, then setting up activities such as: “coups de cœur”, dictation, international nuggets, audio public prize, Spotlight on children’s literature, or press workshops.
E.g.: Semaine de la francophonie, Semaine de la presse, writing workshops, story time, reading aloud of books, creation of podcasts
JOB TYPE : Full-time, Employee
LOCATION : DAR ES SALAAM, UPANGA
APPLICATION : CV + LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE : 24TH AUGUST 2022
STARTING DATE : 5TH SEPTEMBER 2022