Why to join us ?
Alliance Française of Dar es Salaam is a Tanzanian non-profit association operating with the support of French Embassy. It is part of an international network of more than 1000 Alliances Françaises world-wide.
The Alliance Française of Dar es Salaam have two main missions:
• Promoting French language by offering French courses for the general public, training for local teachers and giving access to a multi-media library which is also a resource center on France, French speaking world and Europe.
• Offering free cultural activities (concerts, shows, conferences, exhibitions, projections, etc.) so as to facilitate cultural exchanges between French-speaking and Tanzanian artists.
We are seeking to recruit a competent, committed self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Librarian / Receptionist :
Receptionist / Librarian
Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
• Responds to queries relating to classes, exams DELF/DALF,TEF,TCF, cultural events, translation services, the multimedia library and other information pertaining to the Alliance française
• Answers calls and emails requesting for information and forwards them to the corresponding departments as required.
o Manage registrations with the software HANAF
o Receive payments and issues official receipts for enrollments, translation and other AFDAR services and making follow up on registrations and payments.
o Issue membership cards
o Edit statistics
• Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks
• Assisting for cultural events
Librarian Job Responsibilities
• Guiding the visitors through the library, Culturethèque
• Collect and catalog library resources
• Supervises the library activities
• Excellent skills in English
• French Language is essential for this role, at least a level A2
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Customer Focus
• Handle Pressure
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• University/college degree is an asset
• Knowledge of library databases and French course management.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
JOB TYPE : Full-time, Employee
LOCATION : DAR ES SALAAM, UPANGA
APPLICATION : CV + LETTER to email@example.com
DEADLINE : 25TH MAY 2022